Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Leaving for the airport

    November 13, 2019 in Nigeria ⋅ ☁️ 28 °C

    Left the house at 4pm, the PamDrive ride arrived at 3:52pm. Took the Eliozu road turned off at Pearl Garden estate and continued to Eneka road. Got to the new Port Harcourt International Airport at 4:50pm.

    Too many people checking travellers at the airport as against the seamless flow in Lagos. After passing the bags through the door scanner, NDLEA asked for the bags to be opened for inspection. At the lufthansa queue the bags are weighed, passport checked against a passenger manifest before getting to the check in counter where normal checkin happens, seat assignment and bag tagging before proceeding to the departure hall.

    At the entrance to the departure area, a port health official takes a temperature scan, after which you are directed to a desk occupied by a FAN worker who confirms if you filled the departure card before directing you to Immigration. At the immigration desk the 1st person scans through your passport keys in details into the computer, collects the departure card before passing your passport to another immigration officer whose job is to stamp the passport. Thereafter you proceed towards the scanning gate, but just before you get there some officials seated behind a desk ask how much you are travelling with and try to crosscheck with the Bank PTA stamp on your passport after which you proceed to the scanner where your hand luggage is passed through a scanner and you also walk through it. Right after which NDLEA officials collect your passport ask for your final destination and scan through it.

    Another scanning by the airline before crossing to the boarding gate waiting area
    Read more