Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    On to Hamilton

    November 14, 2019 in Canada ⋅ ☁️ 1 °C

    The luggages took over an hour to appear on the conveyor belt reminding me of my last trip back from Dubai where we experienced something similar. The delay was so much I had enough time to change some money and use the loo.

    Eventually my 2 suitcases arrived, one had the zip broken and the padlock hanging open....hmm hope nothing has been stolen. While waiting I installed a cab hailing app LYFT.

    Rolled my suicases out of the arrival hall handing over the stamped declaration card to the customs officer at the door who took a quick glance at it. On exiting I followed the sign to the ride hailing app exit (quite nice of them to have made provision for this). Waited by the exit door and hailed a ride on Lyft.

    I was picked up at 14:14hrs by an Indian emigrant who relocated to Canada 3 months ago and is currently searching for a job. He was a practicing lawyer in India but hasn't been able to secure a job in his line as his Indian certificate isn't recognised here. So for the time being he is driving taxi while taking some Canadian courses. An interesting statement he made was that his Indian certificate and experience was sufficient to get him a Permanent Resident in Canada but not good enough to get a job as such so many professional immigrants are doing menial jobs in Canada.

    The scenery from the airport to Hamilton was lovely with the landscape covered by a white layer of snow. Arrived at the hotel at 15:05hrs. Check into the hotel was smooth, had to pay a refundable security deposit.

    Picked up Imaobong later in the evening from her residence and we went off to Limeridge mall for dinner. Got a sim card and enquired about getting a contract phone and line for her.
    Read more