Satellite
  • Starting over

    January 7, 2018 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 17 °C

    And just like the collapse of all great empires and your amazing My Space profile picture the travel pod website is gone. Like so many other digital memories that were built to last forever these 0s and 1s have now become just 0s. Leaving us with the feeling that maybe we should have printed something out. Technology lulled us into a false sense of security with its sweet lullaby of convenience, and now we're left staring at a blank screen without even a dusty picture filled shoes box to place in the attic.
    Without any pieces to pick up we've decided to learn from our mistakes. We will now travel with a charcoal pencil set and paper and sketch every moment like a court reporter, possibly even higher a stenographer to shadow us to make sure our conversations are documented. And should the pencil fail us we have taken up clay sculpting to give our memories a third dimension . We ve been left with no choice but to start over from the beginning and when this website inevitably goes belly up we will look technology square in the face and laughing as we clutch our satchel bag filled to the brim with drawings clay figurines and meticulous written conversations.
    Read more