Satellite
  • Day 7

    Finally, into the haunted vaults!

    May 28, 2019 in Scotland ⋅ ⛅ 12 °C

    Edinburgh is known as one of the most haunted cities in the world, so what better to do than go on a ghost tour! On an already packed day, we booked the last ghost/ city vault tour of the night at 9:30pm. There are so many to choose from, but we went with the recommendation of the concierge at the hotel and the meeting spot was right around the corner, yay! The tour was a little campy, but was full of history, good stories, and a pint of ale at the end! One would think that if you book the last tour of the night you’d get the scary tour, but we got the family friendly tour. Probably a good thing as the girls were scared a couple of times during story time in the vault!

    During a story in the vault we kept picking on Taylor, blowing in her ear or softly tugging on her hair. She was already a little freaked out and frustrated that we were picking on her and as we started to funnel out of one room into another through a very small doorway, an older gentleman accidentally bumped into her. She thought it was us and she’d had enough. She turned around and sternly told us, “Don’t touch me again or I’ll punch you”! The only problem was when she turned to say this she said it to this older gentleman and not directly to us! The older gentlemen gasped and said, “Oh my, I am so sorry I didn’t mean to touch you!” Taylor was apologetic and taken aback as she meant this for us, not him and she apologized . KK started dying laughing, and a lady behind the older gentleman turned immediately and pointed at her husband and said, “same goes for you!” Everyone had a good laugh and the tension eased a little bit.
    Read more