Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 35

    The famed El Riconcillio

    October 9, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    We walked to the famed El Riconcillio, it wasn't open when we arrived we tried Los Claveles diagonally opposite it was most enjoyable. As we left El Rinconcillo was opening up. They date back to 1670, the interior has reflects the history. We had wonderful Jamon and wines.

    From their website, https://www.elrinconcillo.es/en/history/
    "El Rinconcillo, founded in 1670, holds the title of the most ancient bar of Seville. In 1858, the De Rueda family (the current owners of this magical place) acquired the property located at n.40 of Gerona Street, which originally was an old tavern. Years later, in 1897, the De Rueda family bought a new house at n.2 of Alhóndiga Street, linked to the other one. The current shape of El Rinconcillo arises from these two linked houses. The first house kept serving as a tavern and the second one is used as a corner shop. This arrangement remained unchanged until the 1960’s, when corner shops started disappearing, and both houses start serving as the tavern that we know nowadays."

    John walked the local features. Margy loaded up the washing. Later we took a delightful carriage ride through the highlights.

    Courtyard dinner beside the Alcazar wall and later drinks.

    Great service at the drinks at Orion.
    Read more