Satellite
  • Day 72

    10th Nov 2012

    December 15, 2012 in Malaysia ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    Little lay in this morning with heavy heads from last night and then over to the mall for breakfast, ended up getting completely lost in it, which was not too bad as the temperature outside was 40 degrees!

    After this took the sky train down to the river and got on a boat cruise. The boats took us down the river passed wo arun, wo phat, the grand palace and then through the canals to the floating market.

    The river was turbulent, rocking the boat and the lady in front of us got soaked from a big splash!

    The boat was not the most comfortable and was so loud with lots if fumes!Had a headache by the end but did see a lot.

    The canals were flanked both sides by houses on stilts and 'bus stops' for river taxis. Lots of the houses looked as if they were about to collapse! There were children swimming in the river and lots of fishermen, both looked dangerous as the river was full of boats. The river was full of fish coming up to the surface.

    We were dropped at the grand palace which unfortunately was closed so we did not get to see the emerald Buddha. But we did go to wo phat and see the reclining Buddha.

    Then we took a tuc tuc to the golden mount and onto a boat on the canal back to the hotel.

    For dinner we decided to go to the mall MBK as recommended in the lonely planet. The food court is good- they give you a card and you go to the different counters- Thai,Indian, American, Greek, Chinese.... And order what you would like and the price is put on your card,you then pay for everything at the end.
    Read more