Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 74

    11th Nov 2012

    December 17, 2012 in Malaysia ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    Very early plane from Bangkok! We flew into Phuket and then got a bus transfer to the pier. Then onto a boat. The boat took about 2hours.

    It started to rain when we were in the boat but that did not ruin the gorgeous views of phi phi ley on the way in.

    The sun came out when we landed in phi phi village which was good because we had arrived early and our taxi boat was not going for another 2hours. So we had lunch and wandered around the village.

    Phi phi is beautiful, unfortunately though it looks like tourism is spoiling it- sooo many boats in the bay!

    We were staying at tokho beach which is only reachable by boat.

    We were staying in a bamboo bungalow on stilts which was charming but very basic.

    We had a snorkel next but the weather had turned again and was very cloudy and starting to rain again. There is a coral reef just by our beach so there were loads of fish to see.

    Then there were huge black clouds- almost a perfect line coming in from sea, bringing thunder and lightening with them. We watched it from our balcony.

    Had dinner at the resort. Unfortunately then realised the bar was next to our bungalow, so not the greatest nights sleep.
    Read more