Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Lemons at Minori

    September 16, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ☁️ 25 °C

    The journey from Naples was surprisingly stress free we obviously picked a good time to leave. The fun came when we reached Positano to drive along the coast to Minori!

    A very winding narrow road climbing and twisting along the coast, motor bikes and scooters dicing with death and bus drivers. Those bus drivers deserve every penny they get.

    Eventually arriving in Minori after a brief stop in Amalfi for a drink. Amalfi was full of tourists and extremely busy. Minori by comparison was much quieter although still with a fair number of people. So then began the search for our B&B.

    After a couple of miss turns I got out of the car to ask a lady pegging out her washing if she knew the place we were staying. Another session of smiles and arm waving but I must have looked blank because she kindly came down and led me round the corner to our next home.

    Casa Amorino was another perfect location, a small family run affair situated in the garden of this warm friendly family. The lemon garden was full of lemon trees, mostly still very green. Lemons are not ripe until April. Breakfast was more than I could eat but himself managed with little effort.

    We spent our four days travelling by bus to Ravello high up on a mountain, a day to Vietri sul Mare before going back to Māori to walk along the Lemon Trail back to our B&B and a visit to Positano.

    On the Lemon walk we met a gorgeous little girl age seven who was standing by her gate selling cold lemon drinks and you could enter her garden and take a photo. We did of course.

    Everyone we met was warm and friendly , we only came across one grumpy bus driver but after witnessing his route with the traffic on a busy Sunday plus the heat we could understand why he was feeling a little fed up.
    Read more