Satellite
Mostra sulla mappa
  • Giorno 17

    The Sea

    22 settembre 2023, Italia ⋅ 🌬 31 °C

    Popped into the Tourist Information to ask about beaches, it’s the same funny little man who sold us olives, we see him again later working in another shop. He may of course be one of triplets but we will never know.

    Anyway he gives us a map and marks a quiet beach and off we go, armed with hats, chairs, books, towels and bathing gear.

    We can see the sea from the roof terrace in our strange little house, not far away.

    It takes about 15 minutes by car and we drive along some beautiful rocky land with the sea bashing against the rocks until we come to the recommended beach.

    It is incredibly hot the sand burns our feet and there is no shade. There is a beach umbrella provided by our host so we put that up to gain a little shade but the wind decides it isn’t a good idea and after a battle with the elements we give up.

    But onwards and upwards, we read for a while then venture into the sea which is a tad chill. I can feel my neck burning even through factor 50 so think it best to get out of the sea.

    Sitting for a while longer we decide burning is not a good idea and leave to find some lunch.
    Leggi altro