Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 24

    Evading the border patrols

    August 7, 2023 in Scotland ⋅ 🌙 14 °C

    We made it. A dash across the Union Bridge and we were in Scotland. A quick flash of the passports to immigration (see photo's of the officials looking a bit brassed off) and we were welcomed in.

    In case you didn't know the Union Bridge is the oldest suspension bridge in the world. We've crossed it both ways now and it's still there.

    Scotland disnae feel any different really. Still a headwind so strong that at times it was hard making any progress. BBC forecast a light breeze but at times it was 25mph plus in our faces and getting stronger as the day went on. Exhausting to mind, body and spirit.

    Had morning cafe break surrounded by butterflies that landed around and on us in the glorious sunshine.

    Two fords. One so deep we had to swim (or use the footbridge if you're a southern softie) and one that was walkable/rideable. No accidents and no dislocated fingers this year!

    Stunning views over the far mountains and the sea and the first genuine piece of Scottish litter. Irnbru has so much to answer for. Now for a deep fried Mars Bar and bed.
    Read more