Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 27

    For all those on a family journey

    August 10, 2023 in Scotland ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    The Scottish Highways Agency has got a very clear message for children on long car journeys. We saw it today. BELT UP IN THE BACK. Got it. Loud and clear.

    Apart from the normal.Edinburgh potholes (never less than 3 inches deep) it was a joy navigating along cycle routes out of the city heading for South Queensferry. Then an even more joyous ride over the Forth Road Bridge which is now closed to cars. Beautifully peaceful with the sound of the birds and just an occasional bus passing by. And stunning views to the iconic railway bridge. We lingered in the ethereal atmosphere.

    Majestic Tea Room in Inverkeithing is a must on any itinerary. Everything baked in house and very tasty.

    A struggle for some on the hot hills with sunshine and no breeze but more beautiful views over Loch Leven and the Tay.

    47 more miles, 860m of ascent. Not long now to midge country. You know that wind I whinged about for days and days? I want it back to keep the Smidgies at bay! We have our midgenets at the ready.

    In case you are wondering the last photo is me cycling up.that hill a second time having just ridden Manda's bike up and then going back for mine. That's the way to do it Mr Punch.
    Read more