Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Day 3 continued

    April 6 in South Africa ⋅ 🌧 20 °C

    We stopped at a supermarket, they sign your receipt at till and you have to show it to leavevthe store at the door. We pulled into a second one and Chris knew a market stall holder selling cashew nuts, nearly all of us brought some he was so happy they are so tasty.

    The children's home taught 3 main things for the children to develop good self confidence, self esteem and dignity.

    The afternoon was very moving, we gave out some food parcels and saw two homes, one slept 12 children and another had many all looked after by a grand mother who had a baby strapped on her back. They were told today that they each be having a new home built for them in August. They were so incredibly humble and thank full and happy. They keep thier current homes incredibly tidy and clean. With the very little they have. They did a zulu dance in thanks and happiness.
    We gave the children sweets, little books, stickers and a football. Their dog loved the football and soon burst it. No one made a fuss, one child put the broken ball on his head like a hat, and they were all sharing their gifts.
    The homes they have now are made of mud and can wash away in heavy rain! This year has been wet.
    Look at the two photos that show in side one.
    Read more