Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Launceston to Beaconsfield

    February 28, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 22 °C

    We headed through Launceston along the west banks of the River Tamar, stopping at the Tamarridge Winery and 3 Cuts Distillery, where we were able to sample some wines and gins. We did try some very nice whites and the gins were interesting as well. We may have spent some money at each, but at least we do have some room. While at the winery, Millie was about to run across the grass area they had there and, fortunately I was able to grab her as she would have run right across the path of a Copperhead snake... she was fascinated, but did not want to go on the grass again.
    After we finished at the winery and distillery, we continued on to Beaconsfield. There is a lot more there to do with the heritage status of the mine, which was probably only increased in publicity thanks to the 2 miners who got trapped underground in 2006. But the locals have done a lot to ensure the history and heritage value of the town is maintained and it has become probably the biggest industry for them now. If we didn't have to be at the Platypus House and Seahorse World, it would have been nice to plan a longer stop there.
    But we had to continue on...
    Read more