Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    Zoodoo Zoo and Wicked Cheese Co.

    March 8, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    So I chased aurora's until about 12.30am, and hopefully got something on camera.
    Slept till about 8am and then we got up and got ready for Zoodoo zoo, getting to the zoo by 10am.
    Being a Tuesday, zoodoo zoo was very quiet to begin the day, but got busier as the day went on. We checked out the devils (surprise surprise), wombats and birds, where we got into a conversation with a macaw who wanted his head scratched and a beautiful blue cheaky parrot who kept asking what we were doing. We headed for the marmosets and capuchins where we were mistaken about where the 10.30 talk was, so we then moved on to the lions, reptiles, possums, sugar gliders, emus, zebras and managed to see a camel in the distance, getting back to the lions in time for the 11am talk.
    Millie and Lindsay booked in for a feed the Meerkat experience, so they got ready and when to that after Millie got to have a play on the play center they had there.
    They got their feed a meerkat experience where they met 3 little cheaky boys Scooter, Cookies and Cream and got to feed them meal grubs. Millie was a little concerned and restless around them as their claws were a little poker.
    After their experience, we went to the barnyard experience feeding alpacas, a shetland pony, a donkey, sheep and (butting) goats (their skulls really go crack when they collide). Then we got to feed deer and kangaroos and wallabies and got to meet an albino white kangaroo.
    We can't take Lindsay anywhere thought. She got bitten by one of the meetkats today when a meal worm fell on her finger. Then while she was feeding the kangaroos she got bitten on the bum by the white deer... and I got it all on video... enjoy!
    By this stage we had seen about all we could bit as we were leaving we got to listen to the Tasmanian Devil talk. Customary visit to the gift shop, and the walk in aviary on the way out as well.
    We left Zoodoo and went into Richmond for some supermarket basics, then to Wicked Cheese Co to have some afternoon tea, trying cheeses, chocolates and distilled spirits and Millie got to try milking a cow, and by cow I mean a fibreglass statue of a cow.
    We spent the afternoon relaxing and scrapbooking the images for today's entry.
    I may also go stargazing tonight as well, depends on the clarity of the sky.
    Read more