Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    Gerry & Chat's Wedding, Photos/Reception

    March 11, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    Gerry and Chat got married, with her walking in to "Grow old with you" from the Wedding Singer. It was an awesome service, very appropriate and amazing of just how much both of them had been in each others' sphere of existence without actually ever getting together until much later in life. It was interesting to get a bit more of their story.
    Once they were married we were lead out to the lawns above the Pharos restaurant where the reception was to be held. There we had the group photos against the background of Hobart suburbs and Mount Wellington. We were then lead for drinks and canapes and finally through a number of exhibits into the Pharos restaurant where the reception was.
    The food was incredible, sharing plates of a variety of seafood and other meats, fish, vegetables, cold meats, etc. It was a varied collection of flavours and food styles, unique to much of the family and many were forced to step out of their comfort zone and try something a bit more exotic than meat and 3 veg.
    After the dinner, Dillapa and Dad gave excellent speech, as is custom, and Millie got up with Pa to sing "the Unicorn Song".
    It was a wild night and by 10.30pm, Millie was well and truly finished. We headed back for our last night at Riversdale Estate.
    Read more