Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 23

    Homeward Bound, Day 2.

    March 13, 2022 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 19 °C

    So begins the last day of our familymoon.
    We were up in time for the wake up call packed and went and sat in the lounges on deck 7. As we were parked on deck 1, we were likely to be one of the last decks to disembark, and that we were. Thanks to people who had not returned to their cars on decks 5, 3 and 2, it was about 8.45 by the time our call came through. It was slow going as only 1 lift serviced deck 1, so I used the stairs to go on ahead and pack the car ready to go.
    Once there, it was pretty quick going before we were up the ramp and off the boat, heading to breakfast with Ems and Clair at Keilor. The streets seemed fairly quiet for Melbourne, but it was Sunday morning.
    After breakfast, at about 11am we started the long trip up the Hume Highway home.
    Stop at a tea house at Glenrowan for lunch, and petrol just after that, encountered a squad of Harley Davidsons all over the highway at Table Top, which slowed everyone down, toilet stop and stretch at Holbrook and dinner at McDonald's Yass were our other stops along the way. It felt like a fairly slow trip, but we eventually made it home by 7.30pm. Millie was straight to bed, and we unpacked and sorted out ourselves to get back into the rhythm of normal life.
    And so ends our 3 week Tasmanian Familymoon.
    Not including the Spirit of Tasmania distance, a total driving distance of 2909km was logged on the car odometer.
    Read more