Satelliitti
Näytä kartalla
  • Päivä 2

    Day 2 - Sail Away

    17. syyskuuta 2023, Kanada ⋅ ☀️ 17 °C

    Cruise day 😊
    Short walk from our hotel to the cruise terminal and 3 ships all about to sail (pic is of the biggest.....not ours...it was vast).
    Lots of in and out of buildings for this check and that check, thousands of people all doing the same thing, queues galore. The security line took about an hour, so many people (average age about 65 👵). For some reason I didn't realise it was going to be just like an airport security system but in a large hangar.
    Anyway, we made it onto the ship and found our room on Deck 7 out of 14 (nice big bed thank goodness). Luggage not there yet so went for an explore, get the impression it's not a party party ship as lots of quiet areas dotted around. Shame.....we only came for the nightlife 💃🕺🪩.
    Amazing choices for lunch in the buffet restaurant - Mark beware!! Danger of eating to excess 🤣. Waiters and waitresses on hand to look after your every need and keep the wine flowing - Sue beware!! Danger of drinking to excess 🥂.
    Went up on deck for the sail away and took lots of pics leaving Vancouver (great skyline against Stanley Park) then back to the cabin to unpack and catch up on some much needed sleep before dinner. Had a lovely meal, waited on hand and foot by what seemed like about 4 different waiters to each table. All the staff are of ethnic background, without exception I'd say - Asian and African if I had to hazard a guess - and all so lovely.
    Chatted to the couple on the next table for a bit (socialising in small doses). They're doing the same trip as us but have ended with the cruise (and they travelled around in an RV). Said it's the best thing they've ever done and the scenery is spectacular. Very excited for the next 3 weeks.
    Watched middle aged couples on the dancefloor for a while....live band playing all types of music. Oh how we love people watching 😉. Those that can really dance and those that really haven't a clue - very entertaining.
    Ended the evening in a lovely quiet bar with a nice glass of wine listening to a cello/piano duo. Very civilised and very chilled.
    Made it to midnight!!! So nice lying in bed with the sound of the sea through our balcony doors 🛳️
    Lue lisää