Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Day 7 - Ketchikan

    September 22, 2023 in the United States ⋅ 🌧 10 °C

    Spent a chilled morning by the indoor pool and in the hot tub as we weren't docking in Ketchikan till 2pm. Could get used to this lifestyle ☺️.
    Once off the ship we had a quick browse in a couple of shops before joining our tour. We had a bus trip round the town with a running commentary from the driver. The towns in Alaska are like something from centuries ago, very quaint. We visited Saxman Totem Park and were told the history of some of the totem poles. Apparently they only have carvings of live creatures (humans or animals) and they all have different spiritual meanings or stories.
    After the bus tour we went to a Lumberjack Show which was entertaining if not a bit staged 🙂 🪚🪵. The audience was either on the Canadian team or the American team and had to shout for their own side as the lumberjacks took part in various competitions. It was good fun!
    Back onboard the ship we had a glass of wine before getting ready for dinner - Evening Chic dress code so posh frocks and smart shirts 👔👗.
    Sat in the bar and watched the ship's dancers perform to 60s music, followed by fellow passengers on the dance floor. Love people watching 😉.
    Can't believe we've only got one more day on the ship and our first week will be over 😔.
    Read more