Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Day 14 - Whistler

    September 29, 2023 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 4 °C

    Lovely sunny day so we decided to do a long walk to some of the lakes around Whistler. Grabbed some breakfast from the supermarket across the road then set off from the hotel and followed the Valley Trail. The scenery was stunning - I literally can't stop taking photos. The trail went through woods and we first came to Lost Lake which was quite small but so pretty. We sat for a bit and enjoyed the sun, then carried on to Green Lake - so called probably because it's so 'green' 😉. Apparently the lakes that are green are that colour because glacial water carries sediment, which reflects the light and gives it the blue/green colour. Whatever the scientific explanation, it's beautiful.
    We'd taken sandwiches with us so had our little picnic by the lake - everywhere is so peaceful, it's amazing.
    By the time we got back to the hotel we'd walked about 10k and were aching a bit so we sat in the hotel hot tub. We got talking to a Russian guy who lives in Singapore but is working in Vancouver for 3 months; we were then joined by two young Swiss girls who are midwives travelling around Canada in a camper van. They abandoned it for a night in a hotel due to a mouse 🐭 finding its way into the van and freaking them out😄.
    Went to an Italian restaurant for dinner which was yet another very expensive meal, but very nice.
    Had a great day 💚
    Read more