衛星
マップで表示する
  • 日20

    Day 20 - Banff

    2023年10月5日, カナダ ⋅ ⛅ 11 °C

    Woke up to beautiful sunshine ☀️ - we've been really lucky with the weather this week. Had our coffee and muffin at the cafe a few doors away from the hotel, sitting outside by the firepit, and got chatting to a couple of ladies from Ontario who were good company. Everyone's so friendly!

    Drove to the Banff gondola and went up Sulphur Mountain. Was expecting the views to be good but......wow.....they were unbelievably stunning. Clear blue sky, snow capped mountains all around, a 360° panorama of absolute beauty. It was breathtaking ☺️. Can't describe how good it was, I could have stayed there all day. Hopefully the pics do it justice.

    Had a conversation with a couple from Doncaster on their honeymoon who are travelling for 9 weeks. Thought we were pushing the boat out 😉. They've done Toronto and Niagara Falls, are now in Banff, then Vancouver, followed by Hawaii, Fiji, Australia, Dubai, Singapore, Sri Lanka....and probably other places I can't remember . We tried to work out how much it must be costing them and reckoned £40k at least😱.

    Once back in the town we finished our present shopping and then went back to the hotel and lay in the rooftop hot pool. I thought it was amazing in the dark yesterday, but it was even better in the daytime with the mountains all around. Enjoyed a nice glass of prosecco in the pool before chilling in the room reading.

    Lovely dinner in our hotel and bed. Yet another great day 😀
    もっと詳しく