Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    HILLS!

    March 5, 2022 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 72 °F

    Who knew Tallahassee had so many hills:(
    We had a later start, after Scott and Cathy made us breakfast, and we enjoyed coffee in fine china:). We were trying to get to a bike shop in the city so we didn't take any long breaks. We rode enjoying beautiful spring with azaleas, daffodils, tree blossoms, and other flowers. That was enjoyable. But as we got into the city we climbed more and more hills and we were so out of breath! We had to take a little break. We then arrived at the shop at 2:02 -closed:( but there was a shaded area with rocking chairs and an ice cream shop next to Lake Ella Park:). And we had a nice conversation with a friend of the bike shop owner - he is buying nights in an air BnB in Kyiv to support a Ukrainian.
    We found another bike shop only a mile away, but of course, there were the up and down hills! We got what we needed and took off to resume our trek. It was hot, and we were happy enough to just get a hotel (thank God they found a cancelation and did not make us go further). We happily took a shower, put lotion on out mild burns, and got Chinese- Delivered!
    Read more