Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 24

    Lima Day 2

    March 25 in Peru ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    Still parked in Lima while people do extended excursions to Machu Pichu, Cuzco and the Galapagos Islands. Yes we did look at doing one of those but the prices were, how shall we say, somewhat elevated and not good value.
    We went off today to a couple of museums to see some artefacts from the different early cultures in Peru. Everyone knows about the Incas but there were others such as the Mochicas and Paracas.
    Museums were interesting as was the drive. We saw the up market part of the city while today we saw more ordinary suburbs and some of the shanty towns.
    Traffic here is a bit crazy. A lot of aggressive drivers. Took 40 minutes to get across the city from one museums to the other. So far I rate the Falkland Islands as the most chill drivers, then Chile, Argentina and Peru. Argentina and Peru both rate as iffy places to cross the road.
    Bought a wall hanging to remember the trip by. Probably made in China but it wasn't expensive so I don't care.
    Leaving here tomorrow at 6:30am to head for Manta in Ecuador. Cruise is almost over 😔. Still have the Panama Canal to look forward to.
    Read more