Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 40

    Visit London

    April 10 in England ⋅ ☁️ 13 °C

    Day trip to London today. In by train with Julie and Carolyn so we don't have to find parking. Get a day pass at Swanley Station and head off to the city. First stop, Tower Bridge. I have seen it before but never walked across it. Got to walk across both at street level and inside the horizontal bits that support the two towers. Part of the floor is glass so you can look down on the bridge deck and the river. Super interesting although we didn't get to see the bridge lift.
    Second stop, the Shard, for afternoon tea. We had a drink at a pub on the bank of the Thames on the way.
    Afternoon tea is not cheap but it's a challenge to eat it all, especially the lolly crocodiles. View is great, especially when relieving the bladder pressure in the gents.
    Then off ,er St James and the Guards but they were all closed up. It was damp and rainy so the horses may have gone on strike.
    Back around Trafalgar Square to Charing Cross station. It's Monopoly for real but way more interesting.
    Maybe off to Brooklands tomorrow. Birthplace of British motor racing and has a motor museum. I think they have a Concorde there.
    Read more