Satellite
  • Day 36

    ATV Ride to Monzezuma/Cabuya

    February 9, 2021 in Costa Rica ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    Since we had to learn that the Area of Santa Teresa does not have much asphalt roads we decided to rent Atv's to do a day trip to the other side to Montezuma. The roads are really really hard, dusty, dirty and a lot of bumps which are deep and especially in night time dangerous. We rented the Atv's in Santa Teresa Town and we were that surprised that even the town doesn't have asphalt roads. Santa Teresa is the dirtiest, and most sandy town we have ever saw. You have sand dust just everywhere. To be honest we thought it is a millionaires town since we heard a lot of Vips have houses there like Tom Brady, and Di Caprio and Madonna. But what we found shocked us. It is very very busy, 100 of surfboards on Atv's, cars or motor cycles. A Crazy surfing, young lifestyle town. 

    After we get our Atv's we had to start directly into the busy roads and we were lucky when we reached the town boarder. All the way to Montezuma was also dusty roads and our eyes were stressed because of a lot of sand in it. But once arrived in Montezuma we drove all the way long on the coast and found many many beaches and did a lot of beautiful stops. There was one island before cabuya which is used as the local cementary. This was a pretty cool thought that you know you will end on an island like this. Back to Santa Teresa we took the so called Monkey Trail. We didn't saw monkeys but it was a beautiful road with small river crossings. 

    Next to all for sure we were proud again of our son since he asked if he can drive by his own. We let him drive in a quite area and we're surprised how well he did it. We are sure this is because he had a lot of training on the lawn mower tractor with his grandfather😉

    A video of the full ride can be found here: https://www.freylights.com/our-travels/a-hike-a…
    Read more