Satellite
Mostra sulla mappa
  • Giorno 5

    Brussels, Belgium

    7 aprile 2023, Belgio ⋅ ☁️ 6 °C

    Today we said "a bientot" (see you soon) to Paris and traveled by bus to Brussels, Belgium and then on to Amsterdam, Netherlands to board the Monarch Queen Gate 1 River Cruise ship. It took about 4 hours to reach the capital of Belgium, Brussels, which is known for its historic cloth weaving industry, its lace and tapestry weaving industry, and its chocolate, waffles and french fries specialities.
    Our bus brought us very close to the centre of town and then we followed our cruise director through the streets to the covered mall, and then on to the City Hall in the Grand Place. We heard a little bit about the square and then we were released for lunch.
    At the City Hall square, many of the buildings were decorated in real gold and even the very old building that used to be where people bought their bread, was intricate in its design and decoration. In this square, artists had drawings and paintings of the ancient buildings for sale and tourists were posing everywhere to get "selfies" in front of such opulence.
    Before leaving the area, I showed Doug the golden Camino shell I had found on the sidewalk. I looked it up and, sure enough, the shell is pointing the way through Brussels to Paris and then on to Santiago!
    Buen Camino!
    Leggi altro