Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    Cu Chi tunnels

    October 17, 2023 in Vietnam ⋅ 🌧 31 °C

    In the morning we got up early and walked around the city before going on a tour of the Cu Chi war tunnels to understand more about the conditions that the poor people were subjected to during the Vietnam War...
    We had heard a few stories that this tour wasn't very sensitive to the situation, however we had a great tour guide who we thought did a great job... maybe it's luck of the draw when it comes to tour guides...
    Anyway, got to experience the secret entrances, run through 100m of the tunnels (Harry and I were the only 2 who made the 100m, everyone else only got to 20, 40 or 60m...) the guide was super quick but glad that my height (or lack of) meant I could almost keep up!
    Learnt a lot on this tour and an appreciation for how resourceful and smart the Vietnamese people were during this awful time, and how terrifying it would have been for all the people involved...
    I also shot an AK47 which, admittedly I was very apprehensive about... but only fired 1 shot...
    Was Harry's birthday so in the evening we went to a skydeck (floor 49) for a view of the city and went for a few drinks back in the evening at a rooftop bar...
    Read more