Satellite
Mostra sulla mappa
  • Giorno 33

    Camino Torres day 9: to Pinhel

    4 maggio, Portogallo ⋅ ☁️ 59 °F

    This day for some reason we had thought was going to be 15 km but I had obviously written it down wrong, it turned into about 23 or 24 km. Roel got about 10 km in and wasn’t feeling too well so he decided to have his short day and taxied to check into our hotel.

    We passed through a village that had a small market at about that time and we decided to buy a drink and snacks. The market was closed, but the proprietor opened it up for us and let us buy what we needed and then opened a closed café and told us to stay as long as we wanted to eat our snacks. he even offered to give Roel a ride into Pinhel, but by that time the taxi was already on the way. We have found that you can’t beat Portugal and Spain for helpful and friendly people!!

    Connie and I continued on and did not arrive into Pinhel until 6 PM. There were lots of ups and downs on the road but overall it wasn’t too difficult, I think we were just being a bit slow, plus Connie’s leg was bothering her.

    That evening we stopped at a bar that used to have a restaurant but found it was closed. The bar owner left his bar to drive us to a burger place that was about 800 m away since we were so tired. Another hero!!

    Tomorrow is a rest day for us. It is a 34 km stage that cannot be broken into smaller stages so we are going to Taxi all the way to Trancoso. All of us could use the break for the day anyway.
    Leggi altro