Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 20

    Inisheer

    June 21, 2022 in Ireland ⋅ ⛅ 59 °F

    Breakfast by Kate was tasty and simple. Over-easy eggs are the standard so you have to ask for scrambled. Sausage and bacon ( actually our ham) are much improved since our last visit, a bit more flavor. Black pudding is no longer a breakfast standard. We never knew exactly what it was but it was definitely disgusting. Coffee is more available too. We are starting to like the pressed coffee idea.
    As always, finding the docks in Doolin is suppose to be a 45 minute trip. Shortcuts and back roads later, it’ll be 1.5 hrs. So glad we allowed extra time.
    The town of Lisdoonvarna is having a matchmaking festival in September for anyone interested and available! I’d google it for details. It’s suppose to be quite the event!
    The ferry ride to Inisheer was only 15-20 min, very pleasant and stable. Trying to decide how we want to see this small little island. Walking 10-12 km is out for Larry’s ankle and back. We could take the easy way with a donkey carriage but we thought we would be fine with bikes. Very few cars on the Island, more competition from horse and donkey carts! Not going to lie, we missed our E-bikes! Some amazing views from different vantage points around the island. Sun came out and it got very warm. We survived, having a cold one in the beer garden at Tigh Ned Bar, waiting for our ferry to return us to the mainland. The local fudge shop had baileys fudge, along with others. Had to reward our selves! Tomorrow is a travel day as we position ourselves closer to Dublin airport, spending our last night in Tullamore, home to our favorite Irish Whiskey.
    Read more