Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 37

    Isle of Skye

    September 22, 2017 in Scotland ⋅ ☀️ 10 °C

    Taking the Road to the Isles to The isle of Skye. The sun has come out this afternoon for our trip along this pretty spectacular drive down to get the ferry across from Molaig to Armadale.

    We lucked out with a B and B here. We found this place on google maps and gave them a call. There are heaps of b and bs here but nearly all of them are fully booked. It's been an incredible busy year apparently. A lovely couple have been running this B and B for 40 years so as you can imagine they have everything down pat. Lovely touch, tartan carpet in all the rooms, chocolates waiting for you in your room and the heating turned on ready! It's cold too, time for the puffer jackets!

    Some lovely coastal views on the way up and then a drive across the Cullen hills which is a pretty barren looking peat moor up to Portree.
    It's almost in the centre of the island so a good base for a couple of days.

    Did a big loop around the Trotternish Drive, it's not that many miles but plenty of lookouts and walks so it took us all day. Stopped off at the Island life museum, Quitang, Kilt Rock and waterfall, Brother's Point, The Old Man of Storr. And we finally saw a highland cow, so gorgeous!

    Back then to Portree for an early dinner.
    Read more