Satellite
  • Day 52

    Rain Day Touring

    October 7, 2017 in Denmark ⋅ 🌧 9 °C

    We all slept in a bit this morning in Vejle thanks to the great dinner and lovely company last night.

    It's a totally different day today, grey and raining. We went for a little driving tour of town and a walk around the harbour with Pia and David. Some brave souls were out in the rain with us but not many. There is a lovely gated forest in Vejle and we walked through there, just in time to see the deers being feed. I haven't seen a wild deer yet and these are technically wild although they do have a fence around their very large forest, and someone to come feed them every day.

    On then to Smorrebrod lunch at a typical Danish restaurant with Johanna's parents and Aunt and Uncle. Smorrebrod is different toppings on rye bread. I had the curried herring which according to everyone was a brave choice... Um had me a bit worried, but it was delicious and they were all so proud of me for eating it.

    Off for a couple of hours drive up to Jonas's parents place in Hunstrupvej near Thisted. Lovely place in the country with dairy farms, grain farms and small crop farms all around. They had cake and coffee waiting for us and then we went for a quick drive before dinner to see the worlds tallest windmill! They were over 200 meters tall. Huge, and they had a great display building there explaining how the windmill works and how it's made!

    Back home then for a 3 course beautiful dinner Jonas's Mum had ready for us. Oh my goodness we have had some beautiful food and tonight was no exception!
    Read more