Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Hiroshima

    May 15, 2023 in Japan ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    Packed up all the instruments and sent them off to Tokyo this morning. So we are feeling much lighter on the trip to Hiroshima.
    Made our way into the main station and on to the Shinkansen, only an hour and a half trip and we are there.
    Our hotel is a few ks from the train station, sun is shining and it’s hot so we opted for a cab. Gave the cab concierge the address and he got a surprised expression on his face, then the driver laughed when he read the address. Umm this is not shaping up well.
    Turned out we booked a love hotel! 😂😂 Bet they were surprised when we booked it for two nights, they are probably missing out on prime time booking while we’re here.
    Graham is disappointed there is no vending machine with assorted selections available. Must be BYO!
    There is however a very large tv with a big range of dvds options, and a blow up bed in the bathroom. Umm the possibilities.

    Well at least he let us in early so we dropped our bags and headed off to see the Peace Park and Atomic Dome. Such a beautiful space dedicated to all the victims of the atomic bomb.

    The Peace Memorial Museum has so many photos, first hand accounts memorabilia of the atomic bomb. Very emotive exhibitions and displays, enlightening and disturbing.
    We happened to pick a day when the high school students were out on an excursion to the museum. They we very respectful but there was sooo many of them.

    We also found the National Peace Memorial Hall. Very tasteful with a wonderful respectful atmosphere.
    “Let all the soul rest here in peace for we shall not repeat this evil”
    Read more