Satellite
Show on map
  • Africa Bound!

    June 3, 2023 in South Africa ⋅ ☁️ 22 °C

    Three flights to get us to Africa. Brisbane, Sydney and then on to Johannesburg. We had a quick trip trough security this morning, Pam and Alan weren’t so lucky. Alan has a big ass camera lens which attracted the attention of the security scanners. They took so long in there we thought they’d been arrested.
    We left Sydney at 9.30 this morning and arrived into Johannesburg at 4.00 in the afternoon, it’s been a very long day. About the only thing good about any of the flights was the free alcohol. 14 hours sitting in a very cramped space is enough for the most patient of travellers. We are just hoping there will be someone there to meet us??

    Well there was thank goodness. Two someones in fact. An airport employee who got us through a bit quicker and then a driver waiting after immigrations. We thought we’d have to go through customs as well but no stamp on our passport and straight out.
    Johannesburg is a huge city of 8 million people. All we’ve seen so far is the airport which was surprisingly empty and the industrial area around it on the way to our accommodation.
    The Residence is fancy! Don’t think we’ve ever stayed in such luxurious accommodation.
    Read more