Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Setting off!

    April 21 in France ⋅ ☁️ 11 °C

    Today we are setting off on an 8 week trip to France, The Greek Islands, Ireland and Scotland.
    A pretty relaxed start with a flight down to Brisbane in the morning. Marl, Millie and Dan picked us up and we had lunch with Joc and Lan before visiting Mum and chilling out at Marl’s for the afternoon.

    Our flight doesn’t leave until 9 tonight which doesn’t take long after you get through security and immigration and have a few drinks in the bar.
    14 hours to Dubai and then another 7 to Paris. Doesn’t sound too bad, but boy it’s a long time to fill in and without much sleep.

    We finally landed in France at about 2 in the afternoon and made our way into the city. We’re staying in a similar place to where we stayed last time, which was 12 years ago so we thought it would be easy to find. Amazing how much has changed since then, you can see they are doing a lot of work to tidy the place up for the olympics.

    We did eventually find our accomodation and manage to eventually get through the security of three locked doors and gates. It is only a little apartment but very cosy and has everything we need.

    After a shower and freshen up we headed out to find some dinner. Settled on L’ Escargot Montorgreil bit of a famous restaurant, been here since 1832, so they must be doing something right, and yes we did have the escargot and they were small but delicious.

    It is very cold, think we both have four layers on and I’m missing my beanie I forgot to pack. Lucky I have lots of hair.
    Read more