Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 20

    Happy Birthday Graham

    May 10 in Greece ⋅ 🌬 20 °C

    It’s Grahams birthday today and we’re spending it in Santorini. It’s not the most spectacular day weather wise. Hopefully we don’t get any rain. We are on the early tender and headed straight up the cable car. There’s a track you can walk up or take a donkey ride but the cruise boat gives you complimentary tickets to the cable car so why not.

    Santorini is full of lovely white building, with a few blue domes scattered through them on top of the churches. Most of them are either restaurants or accomodation.

    We walked along between the tree villages so many photo opportunities along the way. Had a coffee somewhere with a fantastic view. We met a lady coming out of her gate and asked her if we could take some photos from her patio. “No she says you come upstairs it is much better view”. She was right it did have a great view. We got a tour through the accommodation as well.

    So many great ocean views from up there. After a few hours of wandering we headed back down to the boat and a rest before dinner.

    Dinner tonight is at the Test Kitchen. Oh My Goodness the food was amazing. Six courses and all delicious except the dessert which was so so sickly sweet. They made Graham an extra special dessert for his birthday.

    We stopped by On the Rocks and watched a band. We were only staying for two songs but they were so good. Chris and Tanya came and joined us for some dancing and two songs turned into two hours. Graham got a free birthday beer and a song.
    Read more