Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    Bodrum, Turkey

    May 11 in Turkey ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    Today we are moored in Bodrom, never heard of it before we booked this cruise. No tender today we can just get off and walk into town. Nice walk along the water towards the Castle area. So many dogs and cats around here.

    We made it to the Castle area and the market, goodness so many shops. Think this is like the Shenzhen of Turkey. We bought a Turkish coffee, wow so strong, we got half way through the little cup before it turned to mud. They give you a little cup of water with it, you need it to clean the grit out of your mouth.

    It’s a pretty little town, but very commercial, shops selling everything from bag to shirts. We found a cute little bar right on the water and stayed there for a few drinks, watching the tide come in and the waitresses mix cocktails.

    Back on the ship for a couple of quite hours and then we were off for drinks at The Rocks and then dinner and a show.
    The show was called The Rose, I have no idea really what it was all about except there seemed to be one guy in love with both a girl and a boy, but eventually they decide the three of them could make it work. There was plenty of great singing and dancing and some amazing acrobats. In the end the evil queen didn’t like them be so happy, so they all drank a cup of poison and died. Very gracefully and acrobatically though. Fabulous show!
    Read more