Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 168

    No.5: how crazy is this, a bath tub!

    26 december 2022, Oman ⋅ ☀️ 17 °C

    What a crazy day today!
    Driving in the middle of the desert, and suddenly in front of us, is this huge white bath tub, and believe it or not, it is filled with clear cold water.
    Within seconds, Tommy was in, me racing behind him, followed by 74 year old Eddy! Then followed Conny. That was the moment where all shame disappeared and the whole family piled in, except one who took the last picture.
    The place was a watering place for camels, who hold tight, drink up to 150 litres in one go! The old concrete trough had a huge crack, and the Nomads had grouchy half a water tank into the dessert. The crazy thing was that it was full of clear water, slightly salty, slightly sulphurous, but the best water I have ever seen !!!!!!

    Later on in the day, Margot and I bumped into three camel ladies and, in a wave of enthusiasm, pulled out all the vegetables from our cool-box. They ate one carrot, the rest was sniffed at, and then left lying. What a choosy bunch!!!
    Tonight, we spent our first night in a Wadi, which is a river flowing from a spring and then disappearing again. A beautiful evening among palm trees with birds waking us in the morning.
    Meer informatie