Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 243

    Sleepless nights while "cruisers" cruise

    March 11, 2023 in Saudi Arabia ⋅ ☁️ 26 °C

    Having not slept the previous night, in the afternoon, we drove north to the edge of the city on an inlet from the sea in the hope of finding a quite place.
    Exactly the opposite happened!
    As sunset approached we arrived at a long pier on a dead end road. As it was Friday, many families had gathered for an evening Picknick. While on land the atmosphere was wonderfully calm, on the water it was like on a highway with boats of every size parading up and down the inlet relishing the looks they were getting. In between, jet skis were racing around with screaming engines doing antics to attract the attention of the spectators. As dark set in the boats dissapeared and the families left and we thought we would be alone. But the opposite happened, the car cruisers arrived, driving in, stopping for 5 minutes, revving their engines and leaving again.
    Then, after 2am, the real chaos set in as the really rich came out of their holes cruising around with their Ferraris, Masaratis et al making enough noise to get Muhammed to turn in his grave. The next morning at 06am the families arrived again.
    We were exhausted!
    Read more