Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Change is Often Good

    March 9, 2023 in New Zealand

    A quick update on our stopover at Le Gra' Family Winery at Opaki, a little way out of Masterton. When we were leaving, we went into the cellar to make a donation to Starship Childrens Hospitsl for our nights stay. The owner, Bryan, was cleaning up the yard and came over. We got talking and learned Le Gra' is gaelic for "with love." Their daughter, now 12, was born with many tumors in her brain and body and would only live for a maximum of 10years.. she is now 12. We asked Bryan if we could pray.. Yes! So we called down Heaven and had a wonderful time praying for her. Such a special time with such a special man, for his very very special daughter. Thank you Lord.
    We left and drove Waymaker out to Castlecliff Beach to take a walk to the lighthouse... wonderful.
    Had a chance to pray for Michael on the beach... his wheel chair was stuck in the sand. He was born with spinal bifida so we prayed and prayed. He said he wanted to become a "stand-up comic!" Maybe one day... nothing is impossible with God.
    Next day we were off to spend time with our son Steven, and Bex, and tribe... and then off to the Hutt where we are now.
    Our ferry to Picton was to leave at 1pm tomorrow but now its 8.45am .. ouch!.. a 4:30am start. But then... change can ofter be a good thing!
    Read more