Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    La Silampa and Señor Augustins House

    July 8, 2021 in Panama ⋅ ☁️ 25 °C

    First really beautiful hike in the area of Chitre. After a sleepless night for Fabi, we started off with breakfast at Señor Augustins, our guides, house. We ate Ojaldra, a piece of dough which is fried accompanied with salchicha en salsa. The view was stunning! On our road trip we were getting closer to the mountain part of Panama and already saw some really beautiful nature during this hike. The trail to “La Silampa” took around 2 hours. Then we arrived at the Lagune with a small waterfall, a place to enjoy nature, get into the water and hang out.
    Thankfully has rather been cloudy - a good break for our already burned skin. But even though the sun was hidden by clouds, we rather kept our shirts on because being so close to the equator also means the sun is so mich more intense than in Germany.

    After we came back, Señor Augustins family proudly shared their garden harvest with us, we tried sugar cane, got fresh lemon grass, and some other exotic fruits and vegetables! Although they don’t have a lot they were so joyful in giving and sharing with us. This really was an impressive day!
    Read more