Satellite
  • Day 55

    Day 55-Lucerne to Schaffhausen,68 miles

    June 9, 2016 in Switzerland ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    After yesterday's wet grey day it was more the same in Lucerne this morning and the forecast not much better East for the next few days. So I've changed plans slightly. The mountains might be beautiful but if you can't see them you could be riding anywhere. As a result I decided to head north towards Zurich to start then upto the Rhine.

    35 very wet miles after leaving Lucerne I arrived in Zurich where the weather thankfully cleard up. Had a good wander round Zurich and stunning setting on the lake and really nice city. Place was spotless as well. Something I've noticed with the whole of Switzerland.

    Heading out of Zurich the weather really cleard up and from full waterproofs this morning it was sun cream this afternoon. Nice ride up to Schaffhausen via a quick dip into Germany and it's very welcoming sign! The Rhine Falls the largest 'plain' waterfall in Europe are in Schaffhausen and not sure what plain means but pretty impressive falls.

    Trip has been amazing soo far but need to start heading back and EuroVelo route 15 that follows the Rhine River is going to be perfect to follow for the next few days. Onto Basel tomorrow.
    Read more