Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    Creel Day 2

    December 1, 2023 in Mexico ⋅ 🌬 10 °C

    We left the Temazcal before sunrise. Scrambling up the hill with four dogs in tow. Buster, a muscula guy with scars all over his face, Cooney, the guesthouse dog who infact acted as our guide showing us the way. Junior, who was less confident than the others and Peggy, a skinny black girl who had a broken leg (slept outside our room all night❤️). When we reached the top the sun had just began to appear and lightup the valley. We carried on walking along the top of the hill for several km until we arrived to the "valley of the frogs and mushrooms" . We got quite attached to all the dogs who stayed with us for the full 8km but none more so than Peggy who had achived the walk complete with rock-climbing with her broken leg.

    When we got back home we spent the afternoon sitting in the sunshine playing chess with Diego who ran the guest house. Peggy still stuck to our side.

    As the sun faded we headed to a Caffè Alicia had recommended, to have a coffee and warm up. When we arrived the place was only open as a guest house and there was no Caffè but a man called Pablo Gómez Wong said he would make like to make us a coffee anyway. We sat talking to him for about 45mins and Peggy stayed outside waiting for us.

    Before heading home to cook dinner we bought some dog food but before we had a chance to feed her Diego's partner chaced all the street dogs out of the accommodation. We were feeling so heartbroken that we went out to search the streets for Peggy. The sun began to fade and so did our hope of finding her. Finally on the last street there was Peggy!! She ran over to us and we were able to feed her.
    Read more