Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 63

    Road trip!!

    August 29, 2023 in Greece ⋅ 🌙 27 °C

    Big adventure for our last full holiday day!

    Armed with our smart car and a relatively small island we were ready to explore! We started the morning at the Red Beach, not really a fantastic beach but the enormous red cliffs were a spectacular view! After a brief swim there we adventured on to the light house on the south west corner of the island! It was pretty awesome standing right out on the point and being surrounded by sea on almost all sides!

    We then found an accidental Venetian palace that had a secret cafe inside which was an amazing lunch stop and they gave us a farewell shot of a caramel liquor! This was also where we learnt that salad kind of just means dip in Greece 😶

    A quick shower and costume change later and we headed up to Oia, the North western point of the island, to watch the famous Oia sunset. To say that the people around we a bit feral would be an understatement but we again went full scuffed backpacker. We climbed right out in a rocky outcrop and had the most spectacular view of the sunset unimpeded by anyone (except the hens do on a yacht who had a stripper up the rigging dancing to 'it's raining men'). It was the most spectacular end to our big global adventure and we're getting ready to start our journey home tomorrow!
    Read more