Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 17

    A sea of Trachten

    September 20, 2023 in Germany ⋅ ☁️ 16 °C

    Today we awoke at the ungodly hour of 4:30 to prepare for our train at 6am from Berlin to Munich. We spent 4 hours on the train and once we arrived we went about our main quest finding our traditional Bavarian garb.

    We spent a good couple of hours finding the right outfit for the right price. Once we found the right pieces we had a quick lunch and headed to our campsite. It was a bit out of the way - a train then a bus but we arrived at the tranquil grounds (lie: theres a dj booth and a bar 20m from our tent). We enjoyed some of the included sangrias and beers and prepared for our first night of Oktoberfest.

    We got to the Oktoberfest grounds and went on some rides and spent some time exploring the tents before finally sitting down in a seat and ordering some beers. Along with our beer we also got dinner; Phill a pork knuckle and Bec some bratwurst. We got chatting with some locals and enjoyed some tales.

    After a while we headed back to the train to get back to our accommodation and spent some time at the after party speaking to some Danish friends. We headed to bed early(ish) for a full day of Oktoberfest fun tomorrow.

    Step count
    Both: 31k
    Read more