Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 32

    Isle miss you, seaya Aegean soon

    October 5, 2023 in Greece ⋅ 🌙 20 °C

    Today we started off in Heraklion, Crete. We left the ship and followed a yellow line to
    Rocca a Mare, a 16th century Fortress. Then continued on to the city to explore and enjoy the area.

    We again boarded and headed to a 'cocktail party' with our tour guide where he explained the disembarkation process and what is happening tour as it was the final day of our 2 week tour.

    After some cocktails and coffees we headed to the on board casino for our traditional pokie session. When I say traditional, I mean we did it on the only other cruise we've been on where we won $40 off $20. This time we picked out our lucky machine, and inserted a crisp 10 euro note, after about 2 minutes of playing we walked away with 104 euros. So that is a 100% win streak for us with cruise ship pokies.

    We then arrived at our final stop - Santorini, The 'Black Pearl of the Aegean' specifically we went to the cliff-top village of Oia. The views here were absolutely stunning.

    We expected to see a lot of tourists, but I don't think we fully comprehended how popular this island is, in peak season they see up to 160,000 visitors a day. Now that's a lot of people for these tiny streets where there's only 15k permanent residents.

    Once we got back on board we enjoyed Mexican for dinner and enjoyed the views from the volcanic islands as we sailed away.

    Step count: 22k
    Read more