Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 38

    Coasting along

    October 11, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    This morning we jumped on a 3 hour bus ride to Salerno before jumping on another 50 minute bus to Minori on the Amalfi coast.

    Being a bus driver in this area should be an Olympic sport - it's even more windy than the Great Ocean road and pretty sure it's thinner too, with even stupider tourists. There were at least 6 occasions I thought we were going to crash or roll.

    We went to check in to our hotel and spent 20 solid minutes trying to get the owners attention (he was sleeping on the couch in the next room which we could see into).
    After we got set up in our room that looks straight out the 70's we donned our togs and headed for the beach.

    After swimming and sunbathing until the sun went down, we walked the 2 minutes to our hotel to shower before embarking to find dinner, which ended up being a miscellaneous spread of hot fried food that we enjoyed on our balcony.

    We decided to head back to the street for a late night walk where we made our way to a chocolate/ dessert store where we spent too much money on delicious food we didn't need.

    Steps: 16.3k

    PS. Smokes are so cheap here - and in vending machines? No wonder everyone still smokes
    Read more