Satelital
Mostrar en el mapa
  • Día 55

    Escar-gotta-go

    28 de octubre de 2023, Francia ⋅ 🌧 14 °C

    This morning began with a fresh croissant and pain au chocolat while I caught up with my parents (hi mom and dad 👋)

    We ventured out and walked to the 18th Arr Montmartre, which is a cute neighbourhood on a hill with a very fancy (and old) basilica and some quaint shops. After perusing the area, we walked to the site of Moulin Rouge, did some touristy photos before hopping on the Metro to the Arc de Triumph.

    We decided to get tickets and climb, which was the right call because the view was stunning - luckily for us the rain had held off all morning so we got a clear view of the entire city.

    After this we headed to Carette, a cafe where we ordered some of their famous hot chocolate which comes with a side of whipped cream for you to stir through. This hot chocolate may have been the most expensive we've ever had, but it was so delicious, rich and thick - I would sell my liver to buy it again. (we also had an eclair which was phenomenal)

    We again jumped on the metro and headed towards the Luxembourg gardens, where Phill enjoyed a hot dog with raclette cheese. The garden was beautiful, We watched some men playing bocce before heading to the fountain where we watched some electric boat racing, the Australia boat didn't do too well...

    From here we headed to Shakespeare and Company, a library - the most beautiful library i've ever seen, where we enjoyed the two stories of the bookstore and the reading area they had available. I didn't buy a book but I did get yelled at by Phill for smelling too many of them.

    Notre Dame cathedral was right across the road, so we went and admired what we could see as it was under restoration after it's recent fire.

    On our way we stopped in at 59 Rivoli, which is a strange alternate reality where all 4 floors of the building are taken up by artists when use the space to display and create their art. It was super strange but a very fun and interesting detour.

    We headed home to relax for a bit, as I'm getting sick and I was starting to crash.

    We decided to head out for dinner and knock off some bucket list items. We headed to L'Escargot where we enjoyed a dinner of escargot, frog legs and french onion soup. The escargot was better than we both imagined, the texture wasn't as gross as expected. The frog legs to us had more of a fish texture rather than chicken, which is what we had heard from others.

    Step count:
    Bec: 26k
    Phill: 27.5k
    Leer más