Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 60

    Blown away

    November 2, 2023 in Belgium ⋅ 🌬 13 °C

    Today started off at the laundromat, where we *had* to go buy a coffee so we had enough change to not be walking around in crusty clothes.

    The summer clothes package was sent off too, and luckily it was - because today was the windiest day we've both ever experienced. We're talking about parks being shut down because trees are leaping from the ground, not being able to walk straight or against it without the likelihood you'll be pushed over.

    So what did we decide to do? Walk an hour and a half in it. Not only this but it started raining about half way to our destination and we couldn't use our brollies because they would immediately fold inside out and break.

    After a beautiful but turbulent walk we arrived at the meaning of life, the Atomium. This structure was originally constructed as the centrepiece of the 1958 Brussels World's Fair, standing at 102 metres it's an impressive structure. Up in the spheres it felt like being on a ship it was shaking so much, but it gave a very nice view of Brussels.

    We trained back to the city where we went to the supermarket to pick up some soup for dinner, and a relaxing afternoon.

    Step count: 17.5k
    Read more