Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 62

    Beer and chocolates

    November 4, 2023 in the Netherlands ⋅ ☁️ 9 °C

    This morning started with the two of us going to a cafe where Bec was finally able to get a decent (albeit expensive) caramel latte.

    We then took a trip to the Rijksmuseum, a 19th century building housing many "golden age" painting masterpieces, from artists such as Rembrandt and Van Gogh!

    The Dutch are good painters. Neither of us particularly cares for artwork, but the quality of these works were probably the highest that we've seen around Europe thus far!

    After finishing up there, we went to the old Heineken brewery for a tour (with beers, of course...) This was also particularly impressive, they've poured a lot of money into making the building flashy and interesting (almost like an ad 🤔) But they serve up good beers, so I won't complain.

    Once we had downed a few drinks, it was time to head back to the accommodation to recharge for a few hours but before that we passed by Tony's chocolate shop to get some of their famous chocolate.

    When we emerged for dinner we grabbed different Dutch style chips and wandered around the streets, enjoying the (mostly) lack of rain.

    Step count: 24k
    Read more