Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 90

    Snow angels

    December 2, 2023 in England ⋅ ☁️ -1 °C

    We left our highway side accommodation this morning and made our way to Knaresborough, a very cute historical town not far from where we were staying.

    After wandering around the picturesque streets, attending the local Christmas market and exploring another castle we made our way to the main attraction: Mother Shipton's Cave. This cave is apparently England's oldest visitor attraction, open since 1630. We learnt of the story of prophetess Mother Shipton and the magical Petrifying Well, a unique geological phenomenon with cascading water turning objects to stone. Seeing the things stringed up on the well petrified but also frozen due to the temperature was amazing.

    We then drove north to our next stop - Newcastle, this drive was one of the most fun so far because it was snowing!! The scenery as we drove was just shrouded in mist and whiteness, it was beautiful.

    Once we got to our accommodation we checked in, and did what any other adult would do - run into the yard and play in the snow.

    Once our fingers had gone past the point of freezing we walked to the nearest servo for a meal deal dinner, came back and relaxed.

    Step count: 14k
    Read more