Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 97

    A broken streak

    December 9, 2023 in England ⋅ 🌧 8 °C

    This morning started off slow, listening to the rain pouring while we had our morning drinks. Eventually we decided to go and check out a nearby town and its large antiques (/junk) collection, we were in there for quite a while, the store had many interesting things, some of it even for good prices! With backpack space in mind we decided not to get anything.

    With the weather having a temporary pause in showers, we saw that the town of Ingleton also had a waterfall trail, so we drove over there in the hope of seeing it. To our disappointment we realised that it was going to cost £10 each for the privilege of hiking the 3 miles round trip. (Which we definitely weren't prepared for anyway)

    Instead we walked around the town centre for a little while before deciding that we would head back to the castle (you know, our current accommodation!) and walk to the local pub for a late lunch/early dinner.

    We got back to the rain and wind back in full force, and waited a bit to see if it would let up... Which it didn't. So we donned our wet weather gear and walked to the local pub. Which was a 400 metre walk from the castle.

    After eating a nice meal, having a pint, and listening to the locals talk about... Well we're not quite sure... We again braved the weather to head back to the accommodation (no afternoon walk for us without getting blown away or drowned)

    We spent the rest of the afternoon resting since there wasn't much else we could do. At one point the roof sprang a leak which we had to deal with using pots and pans. Other than that it was a mostly uneventful evening!

    Step count: 7.7k
    The first day that we haven't hit at least 10,000 steps. It was bound to happen with the weather getting worse. 96 days in a row. Not a bad innings!
    Read more